If you’re looking for a best spinning reel with a crossover construction, your search ends with Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel. This solid aluminum reel provides the right strength, balance and flexibility to make the most of your passion for fishing. It is also versatile and can be paired with many different models of fishing rods.
Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel comes with the following specifications:
- High-speed gearing to help you catch even the heaviest of fishes.
- Dual Force Drag (DFD) system to give you greater strength to haul your catch.
- Hydro Block water tight seal to keep water out of your reel.
- A unique Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System that gives you the highest level of accuracy.
- Anti-reverse roller bearing to help you reverse just when you need it.
- Brass pinion gear made from precision machine cuts to add a touch of luxury to your fishing experience.
- It comes with nine stainless ball bearings and one roll bearing for maximum grip.
- Its Corrosion Resistant Coating process (CRC) gives you durability as the reel will not get rusted due to constant exposure to sun, salt and water.
- Its hybrid design is unique as it is made of a crossover between aluminum and graphite for a lightweight feel, and yet high levels of durability.
- The bail wire is made of heavy duty solid aluminum for greater resilience.
- The spool design is also hybrid and is made of aluminum and graphite arbor.
- A rigid and forged aluminum handle makes for a comfortable grip.
- 6:2:1 gear ratio that can pick up as much as 11 inches more line per turn than standard Trio reels.
- These reels are backed by a one-year warranty.
Pros and Cons
Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel combines style and performance to give you a unique and convenient feel. Its aggressive styling is backed by a hybrid construction made of aluminum and graphite, that also adds to the durability and strength of this reel.
Besides style and durability, it scores high on performance too. The high-speed gearing makes it relatively easy for you to haul even the biggest of fishes with a lot less effort. Also, its gear ratio of 6:2:1 helps to pick as much as 11 inches more line for every turn, which means you can move your line quickly. Further, its instant anti-reverse gives you the choice to rollback your line just when you have to.
Despite all these features, the Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel is lightweight, so it’s easy to fix it to the fishing rod and carry it around wherever you go.
The only downside is that it the gears can make a slight noise after every click.
To conclude, the Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel is one of the most sophisticated spinning reels available today, as it combines durability, strength, flexibility and resilience to give you the right control over your reel. In all, it is sure to enhance your fishing experience in a big way.